Replacements and substitutions
- Establishes positive relationships with the relevant team manager or the person administering the replacements and substitutions for a team
- Receives the replacement/substitution cards from the team manager and checks that it has been fully completed and confirms whether the change is a replacement for injury or a tactical substitution
- Involves the match doctor where one is present if matters cannot be resolved
- Communicates with the match referee that a player is being replaced or substituted and receives acknowledgement from the referee that this may occur
- Ensures that players exiting or entering the field of play do so from the halfway line
- In Fifteens, utilises the signal boards for the benefit of spectators
- Ensures that a player entering the field of play does not do so until a substituted player starts moving and is clearly identified
- Maintains records of replacements and substitutions to ensure compliance with Law
- Reports any actions contrary to Law or the TZ protocol to the Match Referee
- After the match, reports any acts of misconduct to the referee/match commissioner/match director as appropriate
- Ensures that replacements/substitutes warm-up in the correct in-goal area and do so without balls or equipment (save when there are additional warm-up areas when balls and equipment may be used).
Ensure that replacements/substitutes warm-up in the correct in-goal area
Management of temporary suspensions
- Ensures that the suspended player sits in the position assigned
- Communicates with the match referee that a suspended player is returning to the field of play and waits for the signal from the referee
- Maintains a record of the temporary suspensions.
Ensure that sin-binned players remain seated in an assigned position
Management of personnel in the TZ
Keep an eye on the movements of water carriers
- Establishes positive relationships with the permitted TZ personnel
- Ensures that the water carriers remain in the TZ save for when they are permitted on the field of play
- Ensures that medical personnel roam on the permitted sides of the pitch in accordance with the protocol
- Ensures that water is provided to players in accordance with the TZ protocol
- Ensures personnel not permitted in the TZ do not enter
- Manages any breaches of the protocol. If breaches continue reports the matters to the match referee
- After the match, reports any acts of misconduct to the referee/match commissioner/match director as appropriate.
- Keeps manual score of the match in a time line format
- Keeps record of actual scorers (team, number)
- Files scores and scorers with tournament office.
- Keeps actual time
- Keeps playing time
- Keeps time (actual time) in regard to temporary replacements for blood
- Keeps time (playing time) in regard to temporary suspended players
- Communicates time with referee if agreed.