Preperation for Competitive Matches
When governmental PST measures have been relaxed sufficiently to allow full contact training, a specified period of both conditioning and team practice needs to have been completed to ensure that players are sufficiently conditioned for competitive play.
- This is at the discretion of individual Clubs but agreement between Union, Clubs, competitions, coaching and conditioning staff, players and player representative bodies is strongly recommended.
- The duration of PST measure enforcement will, in turn, have a direct bearing on the nature and duration of this period. The period of training is likely to be a modified version of a regular pre-season.
- Under normal circumstances the pre-season conditioning period culminates in ‘warm-up’ games.
- This will likely require reduction in further PST measures – specifically; expansion of permitted public gatherings to 250 or less, permitted non-essential travel between cities and counties.
- Typically, this would be local teams playing one another with strict limitations on number of non-playing and match day staff.