Technical Zone Manager (TZM)
The primary role is to oversee the people and processes involved within the Technical Zone.
The Technical Zone Manager should:
- If present, oversee the Timekeeper/Recorder especially related to the specific actions below
- Maintain records of replacements to ensure compliance with Law. This can be done electronically using the World Rugby Replacement Manager application (iOS) or using paper recording (or both)
- Ensure players serve the correct time for a temporary suspension and they sit in the assigned position/chair
- Ensure players adhere to the correct time limits for blood replacements
- Ensure players adhere to the correct time limits regarding temporary replacements for Head Injury Assessments (HIA)
- Report any actions contrary to Law or the Technical Zone regulations to the Match Referee
- After the match, report any acts of misconduct to the Referee/Match Commissioner as appropriate
- Be in a position to replace an Assistant Referee should they be needed.