Circulation and Shock
Upon completion of this chapter candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to apply the principles of Immediate Care in Rugby to an injured, shocked player.
- Understand the definition and causes of shock including non-haemorrhagic as well haemorrhagic causes.
- Develop knowledge and skills of recognising the shocked player.
- Understand the areas and organs of the injured player that may result in haemorrhage shock
- Develop knowledge and skills of managing the shocked player.
- Understand the importance of re-evaluation of the shocked player after any intervention