Upon completion of this chapter the candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to apply the principles of musculoskeletal assessment and management when providing Immediate Care to the injured player.
- Apply the principles in the primary and secondary evaluation surveys to the musculoskeletal assessment of an injured player
- Apply guidelines and approved techniques in the initial management of a player with a fracture or dislocation.
- Recognise the need to frequent assessment of neurovascular compromise in musculoskeletal injury.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of acute compartment syndrome.
- Identify how to correctly prepare a player with a fracture/dislocation for transfer to definitive care understanding the importance of documentation and communication with the receiving hospital