Facial Injuries in Sport
Upon completion of this chapter the candidate should be able to demonstrate understanding of the principles of initial assessment and management of facial injuries in sport.
- Identify the correct sequence of priorities for assessment of an injured player with facial trauma
- Apply the principles of the primary and secondary surveys to the assessment of an injured player
- Develop a systematic approach to the assessment of a player with facial trauma
- Employ correct management of soft and hard tissue injuries
- See expert assistance when further investigation or treatment is required