Airway Management and Ventilation
Upon completion of this chapter you should be able to demonstrate airway management and ventilation techniques, which may be necessary in the management of injured /ill players in the Immediate Care in Rugby setting.
- Identify causes of airway obstruction and how airway obstruction may be recognised.
- Understand simple airway opening manoeuvres and their application to the injured player.
- Understand the role of simple airway adjuncts in the management of an injured player
- Be familiar with ventilation techniques
- Recognise the role for advanced airway manoeuvres and have an understanding of these procedures
- Identify the indications for surgical airway, and have an understanding of these procedures