Circulation and Shock
Upon completion of this chapter, candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to apply the principles of Immediate Care in Rugby to an injured, shocked player.
- Understand the definition and causes of shock including non-haemorrhagic or haemorrhagic causes.
- Develop knowledge and skills to recognise the shocked player.
- Understand the areas and organs of the injured player that may result in haemorrhage shock
- Develop knowledge and skills to manage the shocked player.
- Understand and deliver the concepts of balance fluid resuscitation for a shocked player
- Understand the importance of re-evaluation of a shocked player after any intervention